Microscope Servicing & Repair - Olympus, Meiji, Zeiss, Nikon & Leica
On site Microscope Servicing:
Microscope Systems Limited offer on site servicing of all types of optical microscopes. Our Olympus trained service engineer has over 25 years experience in the field.
A microscope is an expensive investment for any company or individual to make so maintenance by a trained engineer on an annual or bi-annual basis is well worth considering. Without regular maintenance and alignment a microscope will soon begin to under perform resulting in poor analysis and sometimes costly mistakes.
Long held service contracts include:
- Doosan Babcock
- Rolls Wood Group
- Glasgow University
- MRC Virology Unit
- Scottish Water
- Marine Scotland
- Rowett Institute
- Hutton Institute
- Raigmore Hospital Inverness
- University of Edinburgh
- NHS Lothian among many others................
A typical service is based around the following schedule:
MICROSCOPE SERVICE SCHEDULE: Schedule 1-12-MSL
- Discuss with end users any problems that have been experienced since last service visit.
- Check out set up of microscope before servicing and advise end users of poorly set up or problem instruments.
- Strip microscope down to component parts and visually inspect all mechanical components and electrical connections, repair as required.
- Clean and re-grease all moving parts and slides as required. (usually components such as coarse and fine focus controls, slides and pinions, stage controls, diopter adjustments etc are cleaned and greased on a rotational basis).
- Clean all lenses and other optical surfaces (internal and external) as required.
- Reassemble microscope and check for problems such as centring of prisms, lamps, condenser, HBO lamps or objectives being off centre.
- Setup microscope for optimum use and ensure that end user is satisfied with instrument. Advise on best practice if required.
- A service sticker with service date and service due date to be attached to each microscope.
- A service report to be prepared at the end of service visit, listing model, make of instrument and serial number. and detailing any problems to be addressed.
- Any additional work required to be agreed on basis of service report recommendations.